On March 21, 1953 the organization received its status as a branch of the Glendale YMCA. On January 1, 1958 the Crescenta-Canada YMCA became an autonomous and independent corporation.
1960 Building Fund Campaign goal of $300,000 was exceeded under the leadership of Scott MacDonald and honorary chairman, Guy F. Atkinson.
1961 Building construction began in March under the guidance of Gordon MacDonald, Jack Samuelson, Elizabeth Whitsett, Norman Avril, and Scott Macdonald.
1962 The first phase of the new YMCA building opened in February, including the Kiwanis Pool, gymnasium, and meeting rooms. Scott MacDonald became the fourth President.
1963 The YMCA became a "family" place as program variety expanded for men and in 1967 for women, boys and girls.
1969 Jack and Bob Samuelson built the free-standing YMCA Chapel as a living tribute to their parents.
1974 Verdugo Hills became affiliated as a branch operation.
1975 The Board approved the plans for a capital development program.
1976 The twenty fifth anniversary was celebrated at the Annual Meeting.
1977 A corporate structure was adopted.
1984 The Benefactor Club reached 78 members. Dennis Croxen became the General Director in December.
1986 A Day Care program was initiated on two La Cañada elementary school sites.
1988 Construction began on the new $1.8 million Verdugo Hills Family YMCA. The second annual Foothills Classic Golf Tournament produced $25,000 of the Outreach and Feelin’ Good programs.
1989 The new Verdugo Hills Family YMCA opened on April 22nd with Judi Hunter as Executive Director.
1990 Heather Sturt Haaga became the 17th and first woman president in September. John Ehret received the Pat Aho Volunteer of the Year Award.
CCY became the only state licensed child care provider in the La Cañada community.
1993 “Renew the Resource” capital campaign kicked off with a goal of $3.5 million. Neil Brockmeyer was the general chairman. The 18th annual Fiesta Days run had a record number of participants.
1995 Bill Olhasso continued at the 19th corporate president while construction continued at CCY.
1996 The remodeled CCY facility opened in March, including the Samuelson Aquatic Center. In June, the Haaga Wellness Center opened. Tony Angelica became the 20th Board President.
2002 Larry Hall became President/CEO of the organization. Capital fund raising and construction continued on the VHY expansion. Rick Dennis entered second year as Board President.
2003 Model United Nations held its’ first meeting at CCY. $143,211 in financial assistance was distributed to those in need. The Community Support Campaign exceeded its goal of $240,000 by $9,000 under the leadership of Sam E. Longo Jr. Dr. Gregory Yu became the board president.
2004 The Haaga Gymnasium and the Dennis Family Youth Center was dedicated at VHY in November. Kirk and Marjory Dawson received the Pat Aho Volunteer of the Year Award.
2006 The Community Senior Service program began with the help of the City of La Cañada Flintridge, the Glendale Community fund and private donations. Ken Gorvetzian entered his second year as Board President.
2008 AJ Blumenfeld was elected the California State Youth & Government Governor. Jack and Sally and the late Robert and Doris Samuelson received the 2007 Pacesetter Award. The association name officially changed to YMCA of the Foothills. Norma Klingensmith received the Pat Aho Volunteer of the Year Award.
2009 VHY reaches into the community by providing physical education at Pinewood Elementary School. The MacDonald Family received the Pacesetter Award recognizing 50 years of service to the community. Long time gymnastics volunteer Bruce Waggoner received the Pat Aho Volunteer of the Year Award.
2010 The YMCA of the Foothills welcomed Tyler Wright as the new President & CEO. The impact of the Y touched over 24,000 community members. Chris Waldheim,past board member and long time volunteer received the Pat Aho Volunteer of the Year Award. Kay Linden was elected Chairman of the Boad of Directors.